The Rainforest Gallery Walk
On the road out of Warburton towards Mt Donna Buang is one of the best short walks in the Upper Yarra Valley, the Rainforest Gallery.
Ancient Myrtle Beech trees, some that are around 300-400 years old and 65-metre tall old growth Mountain Ash can be seen from a height of 15-metres up in the canopy on a 40-metre long viewing platform and then explored near ground level on an all-weather steel walkway.
The walk takes about 20 minutes, covering just 350 metres of stunning cool temperate rainforest in the Yarra Ranges National Park. Take your time, breathe in the fresh mountain air and walk quietly in this spectacular forest. The name ‘Rainforest Gallery’ is apt.
- Wear suitable shoes as heels and the metal walkway do not mix at all well.
- The walkway does involve a number of stairs.
- Keep belonging secured as trying to retrieve dropped items would be difficult.
- The walkway is not suitable for wheelchairs or prams but the cantilevered viewing platform is fine.
- Toilets are available at the car park.
- No dogs allowed.
- Are you seeking a more strenuous hike? Try the Mt Juliet Walk!
Mount Donna Buang Road and Acheron Way, 8.1 km / 10-minute drive from Warburton.
Warburton Caravan and Holiday Park – Camping, Caravans and Cabins
Search more accommodation options in Warburton and the Upper Yarra Valley